Story :)

Sunday 19 June 2011

Where It All Began....

Since this blog is about me, my lovely novel Ultraviolet and my generally crazy life, thought I'd better start off by telling y'all what it's about!

I started Ultraviolet in 2009 when I was 17 after a REALLY bad break-up. I'd played around with some ideas before but had never really developed any of them. Surprisingly though, writing was my therapy through the break-up and stopped me from reaching for the Ben & Jerry's every five minutes! Anyway, before I start waffling (think I already have!), here's what it's about.....

Emily Miller has it all- great friends, gorgeous boyfriend and the most enchanting city in the world to call home. However, a cruel twist of fate causes her world to crumble beneath her and leaves her questioning everything she ever believed in. Until she meets Sam. Sam Callaghan is a sexy musician from Manchester with more than a few skeletons in his closet. His reasons for rocking up in Edinburgh are shrouded in secrecy but when he and Emily's worlds collide it's love at first sight. In the thick heat of summer, romance blossoms but will a second twist of fate tear them apart?

And that's it, in a nutshell basically! Been working on it for the best part of two years and, three drafts later, here I am! 107 pages, eight chapters and 23,660 words :). I'm my own worst critic but I have a good feeling about this one. Writing's all I've ever wanted to do really. Have tried to coax myself into other careers- HR, make-up artistry- but my mind always comes back to writing. Got two other follow-on books planned after Ultraviolet then....who knows? The not knowing is kind of exciting :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back to you asap :)