Story :)

Thursday 4 August 2011

Big Brother is Watching....Pah

Today was my penultimate shift at the lovely (ha!) B&Q before I depart for an admin apprenticeship at Fife Council. And my, what a shift it was!

I certainly didn't expect to find out as I was sitting in the canteen that my PRIVATE Facebook page had been hacked by B&Q to see if I'd said anything bad about them, that's for sure! Got served with a "damning" report of all the "derogatory" comments I'd made about the company after a nice little dressing down from the HR woman about something I'd allegedly said about her. My Wall, photos, everything on my page is private for personal reasons, so when she dropped the bombshell that she had a record of what I'd said, it's fair to say I was puzzled. How could she have gained access to it for a start? I looked at the paper all the comments were on and it was like they'd hacked into my account, used some program or other to do a search for posts with their name in it and printed them off! Sneaky bastards! To me, it's a gross invasion of privacy. It's absolutely none of their business what I think of them and what I post on Facebook, Twitter or anything else connected to social media certainly isn't their business! Especially when the alleged comments were made over a year ago on a Twitter account I don't even have anymore! If that's the best this so-called HR guru has to offer, then she's scraping the bottom of the barrel. For two-and-a-half years, I've taken all the shit the great British public have thrown at me and this is the send-off I get. She was perfectly nice when taking my resignation and I have never once said anything to the contrary. I'm e-mailing head office tomorrow after I finish there for good to find out exactly where they get off hacking into people's private accounts because of their own stupid paranoia. Rather than lambasting people for posting shit about them, they should listen to their employees' concerns and try to improve themselves. They're not a perfect company- hacking into people's private accounts is just one of many issues I have with them- and the staff they hire for the HR department is another. I personally don't give a shit that "Big Brother" is watching me and probably has been for the last two and a half years. I am, like any other human being, entitled to my own opinion without fear of oppression and B&Q as a modern company should respect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back to you asap :)